Monday, April 20, 2009

CCMS Visit

On April 8th 2009 I took a tour of the Corpus Christi Montessori School. It was very interesting. I had never experienced a classroom environment like that before. I am used to the traditional classroom. i thought is was cool that they group all different age groups together. Everyone works at their own level and pace. I think that is great because it takes the pressure off children tryng to keep up wiith their peers. Also older children get to help the younger children. I was also impressed at some of the work and projects they were doing. Some of the work was way above the childrens level. What I really loved was all of the pets and plants that they had all over the school. It made me feel like I was at home. In all I think it was a great school and I would like to learn more about Montessori.

No comments:

Post a Comment