Thursday, February 5, 2009

Using Blogs in the Classroom

I think it would be so exciting to use blogs in the classroom. I would use my classroom blogg to keep students and parents abrest on what we are doing each week in class. I would post assignments and newsletters weekly. I would also post outstanding samples of my students writings up for all to admire. I think that it would encourage every one to do their best. I might also use blogs for journal assignments with my students. It would allow other children to give feedback to thier classmates. They would not need to have a computer at home to do so they could do it in class, set up as a writing center. I think it is very important for students to be able to publish and share their ideas in writing.
I think blogs would be extremely helpful when doing group projects. Children could collaborate much easier. They could log on from wherever in the world they may be to contribute to their assignments. They can also share photos, videos, or links that may be of signifigance use to the project. If it were a project that involves experimenting over a gret deal of time they could use a blog to reflect their findings on a daily basis. I think that blogging can be a very wonderful thing.

chek out this site

1 comment:

  1. I will do the same in my classroom. Use blogs to keep with students and post newsletters for parents. I think using the blogs will be helpful for everyone.

    ReplyDelete